Saturday 14 February 2009

What a strange day!!!!!!!!!

Well today started differently to what was expected!!! I was going to go the flyball show with Emma as can't really afford the fuel at the moment and Diesel is in season so i was only going to take Jess. We went out for our usual walk yesterday morning and a lady down the road approached us asking if we knew of anyone who might want a 2 year old bitch boxer. It breaks my heart to see boxers in rescue centres as they do take offence from it. So yesterday we raked our brains and thought of Brian and Christine, Ian works with Brian. They had mentioned to me at the Christmas party that they were looking for a boxer but couldn't afford a puppy. So yesterday was spent with alot of text messages and phone calls and in the end they wanted to see the dog. So i had to change my plans so we could all go and see the dog as the people down the road don't have it at the mo as there in rented accommodation which is why they were looking to re home her. To cut along story short they wanted Sasha and i know they will look after her really well so we did that this morning. We text this afternoon to see how she was and apparently she has met all the family and was playing ball in the garden so I'm really pleased. I am so glad the girl asked us rather than go to a rescue home we made the transaction for the dog easier than what it could have been. So then we set off with Gemma and Jess, dropped Diesel off with my Mum and John who had his kids so Diesel has had a great day!!!! We were in division A so we should have been first in, instead they did division b so we put Jess back in the car. I had a play with Gemma as i am taking her to my handling lesson tomorrow instead of Diesel. We then wondered back down with Jess, after watching half an hour of racing we had 2 races and then we were in. I was excited as there was only 4 dogs, fencing all around so the dogs had to go down and i wanted to try Jess without Diesel around!! I decided to take Jess out for another wee as thought she would have got excited again what a mistake!!!!!!!! We only got to the grass, straight away she had a wee then went into the hedge and came out running and limping. I managed to stop her as she didn't seem to care so assumed she had a thorn in her foot. I caught her and looked at her paw and she had a big and deep gash in her foot!!! I picked her up to stop anymore infection getting in and someone bandaged her up with some antiseptic powder. Hopefully it will heal without a vet charge. Its funny how you do something really nice and help people out and then with our own dogs it seems like everythings against you, he ho!!!!!!

No comments: