Tuesday 23 June 2009

Golden Valley












This weekend ive once again had my highs and lows. Ian went up early on Friday to set up and i travelled up with Amy later on. It was great to just turn up and everything done although we all helped put Sandys tent up which was good fun i took it upon myself to hold Emmas beer lol!! I was rather anxious at running Gemma as i hate going in the ring not confident and i can see shes really not enjoying it at the mo grrr!! She still has abit of an ear infection so im hoping it might be that although i feel i am clutching at straws as i am gutted that she doesn't want to do it no more. I am also going to spend abit more time on my own with her and take her training on her own again like we used to and have a good time and see if that gets her back into it although to start i am giving her a complete break from all training!! It just puts you on abit of a downer and then you've got to pick yourself back up and give your other dogs 100% which i find very hard. I think Jess has really felt my stress and just gone well i cant be bothered if your going to be like that. So im going to take her back to the beginning and make it all fun as to be fair to my dogs they havn't trained for a while. Jessica was having a fab run Sunday morning and then did a usual spaniel thing and sat down and had scratch 2 from home grrrrr i could have shot her at this point oh well Amy knows how i feel spazy spaniels!!! I am going to finish on a high as Diesel was absolutely fantastic i couldn't have asked her to do anymore for me. She had a fab run in her agility on quite a had course where alot of dogs where going wrong and she got all her weaves (always helps if mummy stays back and lets her find her own way in without being pushed lol) Diesel may look easy to run but she really isn't as you have to hae an eye on her all the time as she likes to work quite far away from me and if im too close i push her to the wrong obstacles. Its taken me a while to realise this and i am still learning isn't it funny how you can think your novice dog is crap but actually when you learn about them and how they work for you it all clicks. Her best round was in the pairs whether she was more jolly ed up as Crafty was there who knows but she had a fantastic round one that i will never forget bless her!!!

No comments: